Preparation: 15 mins | Cooking: 50mins | Serves: 4
- Preheat a frying pan or chargrill to moderately hot. Rub the meat with some olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
- Slice the meat and serve with the baked pumpkin and some dressed rocket leaves.
To make the baked pumpkin:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the pumpkin and onion into a large roasting tray and toss with the oil. Season with pepper and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Crumble the cheese and vinegar on top and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the cheese and vegetables are nicely coloured. Sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- There is need to peel the pumpkin, and the skin provides a great source of fibre.
- Try using sweet potato or parsnip as a pumpkin alternative.
*Recipe via Australian Beef