Preparation & Cooking 15 minutes | Serves: 7
With festive colours, gourmet style and great taste, this delicious appetiser is perfect for any occasion – especially your upcoming Christmas lunch or dinner! Thanks to Australian Beef for this fantastic Christmas appetiser idea!
- 400g beef fillet
- ¼ cup sea salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- To serve: thin slices of toasted baguette
Horseradish sour cream:
- 2 tbsp horseradish cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, plus extra for serving
- 2 tsp chopped tarragon leaves, plus extra for serving
- Trim the beef of fat. Place a large piece of plastic wrap onto a work surface. Mix the salt, sugar and pepper and put half of the mixture in the middle of the plastic wrap. Top with the beef and place the remaining mixture on top, patting it around to cover all sides. Wrap tightly and then add another layer of plastic wrap. Put in a container and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning a few times.
- Remove the beef from the cling film and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper and slice very thinly.
- Top the baguette slices with a slice of beef and a small dollop of the horseradish cream. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.
- To make the horseradish sour cream: mix the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper!
Yum! We hope your guests enjoy!